Each type of sesshin has a different schedule. Retreats are very fluid; seven-day sesshins are tightly scheduled from 4 a.m. until 9:30 p.m.; jataka sesshins have both structured and unstructured time. 7-Day Sesshin Schedule | Jataka Sesshin Schedule | Retreat Schedule
Sesshins or retreats are held almost every month either in Costa Rica or Vermont.
- February 4-9 — 5-day jataka sesshin in Costa Rica
- February 15-17 — 2-day retreat in Vermont
- April 20-27 — 7-day sesshin in Vermont
- June 11-16 — 5-day sesshin in Costa Rica
- July 27 - August 3 — 7-day sesshin in Vermont
- August 23-30 — 5-day sesshin in Costa Rica
- October 3-6 — 3-day sesshin in Costa Rica
- October 11-18 — 7-day jataka sesshin in Vermont
- December 7-14 — 7-day sesshin in Vermont
Going to sesshin is a bit like preparing oneself prior to taking a journey to a distant land.
You need appropriate clothes, you need to know a few survival phrases, and you need to have passing familiarity with the culture. In the same way, when you come to sesshin, you need to dress correctly, you need to know a few terms, and you need to know what is expected of you. Read More...